Friday, January 28, 2022

I've Started Shock Wave Treatments for ED

 I finally decided to try my urologist's U-Wave treatment even though it is supposedly not as effective for guys with advanced/severe ED like me.  I figured for the new lower price it would be worth a try, and it's good I signed up when I did-- the price jumped from $1500 to $2000 as of January 1, 2022.  This was still much better than the Total Performance Medical price of $5500 I was quoted maybe a year ago (see  past blog post).  

The procedure is very simple: you strip below the waist, the technician applies an acoustic gel to your willy and then he goes over it with the shockwave wand. After that you put your knees up and he gels and wands the area at the base of your shaft behind the testicles, where the artery supplying your genitals is located.  You can feel the pulses, kind of prickly/tingly, but it doesn't really hurt.  My 3rd treatment was given by the actual urologist, and he used a little less gel, which meant I felt it more, like really mild pin pricks but nothing to complain about.  I had my 4th treatment yesterday from the regular tech, and he uses more gel, which means I don't feel anything.  You get 2 treatments per week for 3 weeks.  The treatment takes about 4 to 6 weeks to have its full effect, after which they have a doctor consultation to gauge its success or failure.

As I said, I just completed my 4th session, and I can tell a difference even though I'm far from cured.  I take Super Bi-mix injections to achieve erections, and the tech suggested I induce one every 48 hours and keep it hard for as long as possible while the treatments are on-going, to help the body build and open the penile blood vessels. Before I started this, my injections were kind of hit or miss as far as success was concerned, not sure why.  Since I began U-Wave, however, every erection has been rock-hard and I've managed to make it last 1.5 to 2 hours as long as I put off climaxing... WOOHOO! That much alone makes it worth the $1500 to me.

I'll update this post after the last treatment, if there's anything new to report, and again after the 4- 6 week period.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have an injection to prepare.  ;-)

UPDATE:  My member feels "fatter" than it did, and my erect length seems to have improved, although not to what it was before I had Peyronie's Disease (see previous post).  Alas, I can't see much improvement in my ED in general, still need an injection to get hard. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment